Sunday, April 19, 2015

How can we bring out the Divinity in others?

Question: How can we bring out the Divinity in others?

Answer: You cannot really. You are going to bring out your own Inner Divinity first. Then inspire, encourage, and challenge others. Before you are a great artist, you cannot teach anything creative to others. That is why I see many people who are teaching, who have classes, this or that, but what are they teaching?Nonsense! They do not know what they should know. You have to be somebody to make a person somebody. The first action comes from yourself.You must feel responsible to the Inner Divinity that exists within you.

For example, let us say that my Father is a King, and here I am in a nightclub, smoking, and doping.Suddenly I see that somebody recognizes me. I feel so miserable - not for me necessarily, but for my Father who is the King. Now do you have this sense that you must not humiliate your Father that is within you, the Most High? That is the source of all responsibility and laws. All moral laws, ethical laws come from the recognition that there is Divinity in me and I must not slander my own Divinity by living a life of cabbages, monkeys, or donkeys. Why would I not be ashamed when I am humiliating my Father, my Greatness, the law, the understanding that is within myself? It is very profound.


-Torkom Saraydarian
Dynamics of the Soul

No comments: