Sunday, July 19, 2020

Mental traps

It is as bad to be a prisoner in the mental or astral sphere as it is to be a physical plane prisoner. Most intellectuals live in the caves of the lower strata of the mental plane, chained with their dogmas, doctrines, scientific formulas, political viewpoints, and religious fanaticism. They do not even enjoy the summits of the Himalayas and the splendid colors and sacred symphonies of the higher mental plane.&

Those who are stuck to their mental life, and live in their philosophy, science, and politics only, will be stuck in the mental world like prisoners until they make a breakthrough into the sphere of integration and harmony.

One of them came to me and said, "I invented this and that and made lots of money, but I feel I have failed in my life. I am frustrated and depressed, and I can't even see any meaning in these intellectual games..."

We call such intellects "trapped fools."

Mental traps are more difficult to destroy than any other traps. So-called theology and religious fanaticism are nothing else but mental traps. Christ warned His followers and advised them to exercise love and tolerance, but the intellectual trap, with the claws of pride, got them.


-Torkom Saraydarian
Thought & the Glory of Thinking

No comments: