Wednesday, August 05, 2020

"There is nothing as great as a kiss with pure lips", poem by Torkom Saraydarian

Please, please, do not kiss me with your lips.

There are sediments on your lips
of lies, of hate, of revenge and curses and vanity.

Your lips are polluted by the fumes
you exhaust through your mouth.

Please do not kiss my cheeks, my lips.
The petals of roses my dry under the heat of your lips.

The other day your mouth smelled of liquor, cigarettes, drugs.
Your mouth smelled of revenge, irritation, hatred, and lust.

Please do not kiss me and dump yourself in me.

I would love to help you not by letting you kiss me
but by making you purify your mouth.
There is nothing as great as a kiss with pure lips.

Lips are doors to our hearts. Lips are doors to our souls.
Let us keep the doors open and clean.
Through these open and clean doors
we will meet each other,
we will fuse with each other,
blend our essences with each other,
and forget all the rest in the world.

But please don't kiss me
unless your lips are clean.


-Torkom Saraydarian
From My Heart

No comments: