Friday, April 17, 2020

Joy is really the greatest healing power

A business can be ruined if even one key person yields himself to negativity or depression and loses his joy for his service and labor, his enthusiasm and vision. Great leaders and executives are those who in the most critical times still keep the flame of joy and hope shining in their hearts.

Joy must be introduced into schools and classes. The greater and deeper is the students' joy, the greater will be their understanding and success. My Father had a "habit." Whenever he entered his pharmacy he would ask, "How are my boys? Do they work in joy?" and when leaving the pharmacy, he used to say, "Joy be with you until I see you again."

Once he told me that the prescriptions filled under the mood of joy were more potent medicines than medicines prepared by a person in a negative mood. If any one of his workers was ever a little on the negative side, he used to call him and look in his eyes for a few minutes. Usually the person would feel uplifted.

Once a worker told me that when he started to work for my Father, the hardest thing about working in the pharmacy was being joyful all day. "But now," he said, "the hardest thing for me is to be without joy."


I wanted to know what science, psychology, and philosophy said about joy. After searching, I found very little written about joy. To my knowledge, there is not a single scientific research study about joy and what it does for the body, the emotions and the mind, as well as for plants, trees, animals, and the whole environment, which also includes groups, nations, and the whole of humanity. Joy is really the greatest healing power because it is the power of God, the power of your Spirit. You can heal yourself through increasing your joy.

I can tell you very sincerely that my body was really the weakest body, for certain reasons I do not know. But I healed myself continuously through joy. I would sit down and become joyful; ten minutes later, my pains, anxieties, and worries were gone and I was energized. You do now know how many dark arrows hit me -- gossip, slander, treason -- to make me feel smaller and smaller. One day I said to myself, "Get out of this grave!" "How?" "Through the light of joy." And I did it!`


You will notice that your joy is affected by what you do to others. If you want to be happy, you do not steal from people and kill them. Searching for happiness improves your relationships. If you want to be really joyful, then do not have hatred, fear, anger, jealousy, and revenge. But people say, "No, I want to be joyful, and in the meantime I want to hate and destroy." Eventually they find out that this does not work.

Let us say, for example, that you are feeling joyful; then the telephone rings and you start lying. Ten minutes later, you discover that your joy is gone. Satan and God cannot live together. In searching for joy, happiness, and bliss, you slowly behave and correct your life. You improve your life and make it a process of moving toward perfection.

As we move into Aquarius, all humanity has started to search for happiness. A few people who are more advanced are looking for joy and bliss. Of course, there are people who feel happy when they do something nasty to others or hurt them, but even such people are very unhappy people, even sick people. They get themselves into many kinds of trouble and problems, eventually to find that joy cannot be theirs by taking the joys of other people.

Every time we deprive other people of their joy, we record these experiences in our psyche. These experiences slowly accumulate and begin to create certain pressure in our being. Often depression and heavy grief are the result of the pressures of such accumulated expression, which become explosive.


-Torkom Saraydarian
Joy and Healing

No comments: