Saturday, December 21, 2013

Advanced disciples

We went to a temple. I said, "My Teacher, who are the advanced students and disciples in this temple?" "You will see them," he said. I said, "How will we recognize them?" He said, "Whoever is out in the early morning with dirty clothes, working in the gardens until midnight, washing and cleaning, they are the most advanced people."

The next day I saw some people sitting and meditating and reading the whole day. They are cabbages. You talk to them, and they are not worth even one cent. You go to the garden. There an eighty-year-old man is growing potatoes and tomatoes. "What do you want my son?" "Can I talk with you one minute?" "Yes." In ten minutes he gives me wisdom. Wow! The other men were artificial, made up. They are just like engineered chairs or tables; they are continuing their life. The other man is laboring. At five o'clock he is thinking, "If I get up at five o'clock and water the potatoes and the tomatoes, it will bring a nice crop and everybody will be happy"; but the others are snoring and they are thinking that they are advanced disciples.

Advanced disciples, advanced human beings are those beings that demonstrate labor without expectation.


-Torkom Saraydarian
Teachings of Christ vol.1

No comments: