Saturday, June 07, 2014

Before sleep, contemplate the joyful moments of that day

I would suggest that every evening, if you can find a way to escape from your television and subliminal trash, you take ten or fifteen minutes to contemplate the joyful moments of that day. Go over them, energize them, expand them, charge them, and link them with each other. Then you will reach that moment where you can say, “Look, I am really joyful. My hands and legs are not broken. My eyes and ears are still functioning and I am healthy. I have a good husband or a good wife and nice friends. How beautiful my life is. Thank God.” Do this and go to sleep. In the morning, you will see how beautiful you are. But we don’t do this. We enter sleep with images of bombings, destruction, financial chaos, and so on. This enters your glands and the next moment you are sick. At the end of your day you are going to think, “Whatever I have, I am going to leave one day.” You cannot take a single day with you. Take it a little easy.

-Torkom Saraydarian
Happiness, Joy & Bliss

No comments: