Wednesday, June 28, 2017

All obstacles will vanish once we release the Divinity within us

Once a husband and wife came to my office for counseling. I said to them, "What is the matter?"
"Well," said the husband, "she hates me, and I hate her."
"Because," I said, "you do not see the God behind your forms. Now, can you look at your wife? And can you look at your husband and by all means try to find the Divinity behind the form, the emotions, the thoughts? Try sincerely, and let us see if you can."
They looked at each other and they shook their heads.
"Come on,"I said, "you are doing good."
They began to look at each other and deep sadness covered their faces and tears came from their eyes, and suddenly they embraced each other.
"Did you see?" I said, "You have discovered the beauty in each other, the God in each other."

All obstacles within our emotional and mental spheres will vanish once we release the Divinity within us.


-Torkom Saraydarian
Virtues & Values vol.3

No comments: