Sunday, May 25, 2014

Compassion for a healthy heart

If you have any heart trouble, concentrate on compassion. In addition to meditating on it, exercise and demonstrate it. Heart disease will evaporate. Increase your compassion more and more deeply. First, study what compassion is. It took me twenty years to really penetrate into certain layers of the meaning of compassion. First I went to all the Buddhist books I could find. In my childhood, I had heard that Buddha was called “The Lord of Compassion.” Then I explored the writings of the Christian fathers, especially the Russian Christian fathers. Here and there I found out what compassion is. Christ is not a man. He IS compassion. When you start studying and actualizing compassion, your heart will be so healthy.

-Torkom Saraydarian
Happiness, Joy & Bliss


No comments: