Friday, May 23, 2014

In saving others, you are saving yourself

As long as we do not save ourselves in others, we are not saved. The Christian concept, unfortunately, emphasizes strongly the need to save yourself. You can’t save yourself, but you can save yourself in others. This is why we pray for others and send love to them. This is our duty because part of us is paralyzed in them.

In saving others, you enter into the path of saving yourself. Others are important, not you. We do not yet understand this concept. Why did Christ, millions of Buddhas, the Holy Mother, and Great Ones come? They came because parts of Their True Self were paralyzed within us. They wanted to redeem, to release them.

Give to others that which you do not have.

Let’s say that you have a family member who says, “I want to be joyful.” That person cannot be joyful in that family or that group unless her first intention is to make other family members joyful. Once she starts doing this, she will be joyful.

Our whole civilization is based on our egos – me, me, me, me, ours, ours, ours. We are going to shift this attitude. Your neighbor is more important than you are. The well-being, the sanity, and the health of your neighbor must be protected so that you remain healthy also.

Everyone is thinking about himself – “my country, my lands, my power, my weapons, mine, mine, mine.” We have come to a place where “mine” doesn’t’ work anymore. In reality, there is no mine and yours. Everything is ours.


-Torkom Saraydarian
Happiness, Joy & Bliss

No comments: