Sunday, January 11, 2015

The endless song

One day Satan and man became friends. They worked all day to cultivate a field, and at dusk they were ready to make the five mile walk home. Satan said to the man, “I see that you are tired. You can sit on my back and sing a song, and as you sing I will carry you home. But when your song is over you must climb down, and I will jump on your back and sing my song. Then when I am through, you will take your turn, and so on.” The man agreed, jumped on Satan’s back and began to sing. But after half a mile his song was over, and so he had to let Satan ride. Satan jumped on his back and began to sing. The man walked one mile, two miles, three miles, and Satan was still singing. “I am tired,” said the man. “Please finish your song.” “What are you talking about?” Satan asked. “We have an agreement. I will not climb down until my song is finished. You have no right to interrupt me.” The man carried him for another mile and then fell to his death.

This is the story of materialism. The materialists have a song that will never finish until its carrier is killed. The problem is how to control the earthbound intellect.


-Torkom Saraydarian
Battling Dark Forces

No comments: