Thursday, April 30, 2009

"This is why I tell you that Christians are lazy"

When Jesus said: 'My Father is still working, and I also am working', what did he want us to understand? Have you ever asked yourself this question? Very simply, he was asking us to start working as well. But instead, people leave Jesus to his work with his Father, while they tend to their hens and pigs. You will say: 'But there is a world of difference between Jesus and us! He is the son of God, he is perfect, while we! It is arrogant to imagine that we could do the same work he does.'

Fine, think what you will, but know that Jesus himself thought differently, since he also said: 'Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.' Or again: 'The one who believes in me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these.' This is why I tell you that Christians are lazy. They would have others believe it is out of humility that they do not engage in the only activity which is truly worthwhile: participating in the work of God. No, this is not humility, but laziness!

-Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov


No comments: