Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Beautiful images

I was visiting a family and we were sitting under the trees in their garden when their daughter, seventeen years of age, came and sat by me and wanted to ask me a question.
“What is it?” I asked.
“I have some trouble. My stomach does not digest well.”
“Did you check with your doctor?”
“I did, but he could not find anything wrong.”
After talking with her for half an hour, I said to her, “May I see your bedroom?”
“Why?” she asked in surprise.
“So that we can find a clue to your trouble.”
“What does my bedroom have to do with bad digestion?”
“Let’s see,” I said, and she led me inside the house to show me her bedroom. On the walls of her room were pictures of clowns, deformed animals, and a picture from a movie in which someone was putting a spear into the stomach of a man. The rest of the room was in chaos.
I asked her, “Why do you have such pictures in your room?”
“What is wrong with them?” she asked.
“Can’t you hang some beautiful paintings such as ones of rivers, mountains, lakes, or pictures of great heroes?”
“But what is wrong with these pictures?” she said, pointing to her walls.
“These pictures are controlling your energy system, your glands, and as long as you have these pictures on your walls, you will have trouble in various forms, especially this one in which the spear is being put into the body of the man. This is restimulating some absent memory in you and that memory is creating disturbances in your energy network.”
“You know,” she said, “I remember the time I bought this picture; I felt nauseated but I thought it was originating from something else. I am going to try it...”
She put all the ugly things away, decorated her room with beautiful colors and pictures and a few days later she was released from indigestion. I gave her a meditation on beauty and she meditated on it for several years. Now she is doing very well in her studies and in her life.
Beauty releases the energy of the Soul and  makes it circulate freely.


-Torkom Saraydarian
New Dimensions in Healing

No comments: