Sunday, April 12, 2015

Feed your body and spirit equally

A lady came and said, “I am very weak. I am cooking well, my family is a masterpiece, my house is a palace, everything is wonderful, but I don’t have energy.” “You know,” I said, “you are feeding only one part of your existence; the other part is hungry.” She said, “What is the other part?” “The other part” I said, “is your spiritual nature. Your spiritual nature is not eating anything. Are you doing meditation?” “No.” “Are you praying?” “No.” “Are you reading great, beautiful literature?” “No, but I am watching television.” “What do you watch?” “Gangsters.” “Well, that is another thing. You are eating this part, the body is eating, the emotions are eating, and the mind is eating, but the spirit within you is hungry. When the spirit within you is hungry, you are out of balance. You don’t have vitamins. You are going to feed the spirit and you are going to feed the body. If you are feeding the body and the spirit equally, nicely, beautifully, then you are a balanced human being.”

-Torkom Saraydarian
Stories

No comments: